LL.B Grad Dip. L.P. BSocSc
Margaret joined the team at Burke & Associates Lawyers in March 2019 after moving her family from Adelaide to Melbourne. Margaret brings invaluable experience and enthusiasm to the firm.
Margaret Girardi graduated from the University of Adelaide in 2003 with a Bachelor of Laws and has a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Law Society of South Australia.
Margaret is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of South Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Margaret practices in the areas of Family Law, and Wills and Estates. Margaret is passionate about family law and has gained experience and expertise in all aspects of family law including Divorce, Consent Orders, Financial Agreement, Family Law Property Division, De facto Relationship Property Division, Same Sex Relationship Property Division, Spousal Maintenance Disputes, Child Support Agreements, Child Care and Welfare Arrangements.
Margaret is empathetic and passionate about assisting clients during difficult times and obtaining the best possible result for them and their families. Her approach is to try and resolve family law disputes quickly and cost effectively, giving sensible and realistic advice.
Margaret is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Law Society of South Australia and the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
In her spare time Margaret likes traveling, going to the theater, going for long walks and eating good food with family and friends.
- Consent Orders
- Financial Agreements
- Family Law property division
- De facto relationship property division
- Same sex relationship property division
- Spousal maintenance disputes
- Adult child maintenance disputes
- Child support agreements
- Child care and welfare arrangements
- Injunctions to preserve property
Professional Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Adelaide)
- Bachelor of Social Science (University of Adelaide)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Law Institute of South Australia
- Member of the Family Law section of the Law Council of Australia
Margaret is fluent in the Italian language and is able to take instructions from Italian speaking clients. To see Margaret's Italian profile, click here