LL.B (Hons) Grad Dip. L.P., GAICD.
Kristy heads the Property team at Burke & Associates. Kristy is a passionate lawyer with over a decade of experience in all aspects of property law and development. Since 2014, she has been a part owner and director of the firm and has mastered a broad range of essential commercial and business skills which go hand in hand with the work she does for our clients.
Kristy acts for a broad range of clients including corporates, individuals and families, landlords and tenants, financiers and property developers.
Whilst Kristy is well equipped to handle all aspects of property and development transactions, , she enjoys a challenge in dealing with the vast array of issues that arise in property developments, complex stamp duty transactions, adverse possession claims and commercial and retail leasing matters.
Kristy prides herself on forming lasting client relationships and providing timely advice in plain English allowing clients to completely comprehend the issues at hand, evaluate and make appropriate decisions for the best outcome.
Outside of work, Kristy enjoys traveling and keeps busy with her young family.
Property and development including:
- Multiple lot residential, commercial and mixed-use property development
- Subdivisions (including “Not in Common Ownerships” - NICO)
- Pre-contractual advice and due diligence for residential, commercial and off-the-plan transactions
- Aged care property transactions
- Superannuation & trust property transactions
- Spousal and related party transfers
- Deceased estate property transactions
- Agreements for Lease
- Commercial and retail leasing, sub-leases and licences
- Farm lease transactions
- Adverse possession claims
- Complex duty transactions (applications for stamp duty concessions and exemptions)
- Construction finance, mortgages and guarantees
- Property disputes
- Section 173 Agreements
- Owners Corporation matters
- Option Deeds
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Lawyers graduating with Honours (Deakin University)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Certificate IV in Business (Legal Services)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Australian Property Law Group, Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia