LL.B/BA Grad Dip LP
Deborah joined the Burke & Associates team in early 2018 as a Lawyer in our Wills & Estates, Elder Law and VCAT Administration departments.
Deborah completed a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Japanese, at Monash University in 2014. Following her studies, Deborah gained broad experience at a reputable suburban firm, practising in Wills & Estates and related areas including Family Law and Property Law.
Deborah is particularly interested in succession planning and estate administration. Examining clients’ assets and family relationships, Deborah helps clients develop an estate plan to preserve their last wishes and minimise the risk of estate claims.
Finalising estate matters whilst coming to terms with a loss can be overwhelming for executors and family members. Deborah’s strength lies in fostering client relationships and demystifying the administration process for executors and relatives left behind. Deborah takes a patient and understanding approach with clients, while remaining focused on commercial outcomes.
Outside of work, Deborah enjoys keeping active, travelling and sampling wines from around the world.
Professional qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Laws (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Arts (Monash University)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (The College of Law)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria (including the Succession Law Section)
- Member of Victorian Women Lawyers (having served as 2017 Co-Chair of the Networking Committee)
- Member of the Australia Israel Chamber of Commerce