Daniel joined Burke & Associates Lawyers in early 2018, and practices in our property and commercial law areas.
Daniel has practiced in a broad range of complex commercial matters including acting for high net worth individuals, property developers and private companies in the acquisition and sale of commercial properties, as well as a number of shopping centres, CBD and CBD fringe properties. Having worked extensively within the telecommunications industry, Daniel has experience in matters of site acquisition, disputes arising with landlords and tenants, and has developed a detailed understanding of leasing law in all states and territories of Australia.
Daniel is well regarded for his ability to identify and understand key commercial objectives and the interests of various stakeholders, enabling him to provide commercial and strategic advice tailored to his client’s needs.
When not in the office, Daniel can be found engaging in various community organisations, on a bike or spending time with his growing family.
Daniel’s focus includes:
- Pre-contractual advice and due diligence for residential, commercial and off-the-plan transactions
- Tax and duty advice for foreign and local investors and developers
- Commercial sales and acquisitions
- Multiple lot residential and mixed-use property development
- Adverse possession claims
- Owners corporation matters
- Retail and commercial leasing, sub-leases and licences
- Property disputes including VCAT litigation
- Compulsory acquisition
- Construction finance
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Arts (Monash University)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria